Friday, May 15, 2015

As I reflect upon the school year and past month of testing many questions come to mind as to how I can make improvements for the following school year.  Of all the barriers to learning I have observed in my classes the lack of student engagement or "buy in" has been most prevalent.

How do I engage my students in implementing mathematical practices?

How do I have my students own the learning targets set before them daily?

How to I encourage students to take risk and persevere when being assessed formatively and summatively without fear of a negative outcome?

These questions will serve as a starting point in planning for the upcoming school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letter to Mathematics Teachers of Adolescents You want to make a difference then believe that intelligence is the ability to learn.  Theref...